We are currently accepting resumes in Great West Newspapers' IT Department for the position of Network Administrator.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of related experience, be a motivated self-starter, be an active team player, have excellent written and verbal
communication skills, and have previous experience in a customer service or support desk role.
- Network infrastructure management for LAN/WAN (routers, switches, firewalls)
- Windows 2003 and 2008 server support including Active Directory, SQL, IIS
- VMware administration
- SAN administration
- Database administration (SQL and Progress)
- Backup administration
- Investigation, evaluation, and implementation of software and hardware
- Helpdesk administration
- Documentation of various configurations,processes, and procedures
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- High competency in best practices and administration of related devices and systems
- Ability to clearly communicate and write concise documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated with a customer service focus
Experience in the following will be considered beneficial, but not necessary for the position:
- Administration experience of Fortinet products and HP and Dell switches
- Experience administering HP LeftHand SANs
- Experience with SQL scripting
- Backup experience using Veeam & ArcServe
- Experience administering Mac OS X servers
- Experience deploying and administering MS Exchange and SharePoint
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package
This is a full time position based in St. Albert, AB. Some travel to sites within Alberta is required.
Occasional night and weekend on-call work may also be required.
Send your resume and cover letter to:
Great West Newspapers, LP
St. Albert, AB, T8N 1N3
Attn: Sarah Kosloski
or email it to:
or drop off at 25 Chisholm Ave, St. Albert, AB
no phone calls please
Closing date for this position is July 27th 2012.