We only accept "GP PRESS QUALITY" or "GP MAGAZINE QUALITY" PDFs, which meet Gazette Press
In the Gazette Press TOOL KIT, there will be 2 PDF settings: "GP PRESS QUALITY" and "GP MAGAZINE QUALITY".
- Click on the link/links to download the PDF setting to your desktop.
- Open Acrobat Distiller.
- Select "Settings" from the top bar.
- Select "Add Adobe PDF Setting" – browse for the setting/settings on your desktop
- Click Open
The setting will now be available in Distiller for "postscript or "exporting" of your files.
- InDesign Creative Suite users may "export" using the GP PRESS QUALITY or GP MAGAZINE QUALITY setting
- Quark xPress or other graphic applications must create a POSTSCRIPT files from your application and then use Acrobat Distiller loaded with the GP PRESS QUALITY OR GP MAGAZINE setting to create the final PDFs.
Note: we do not accept native files.
What is a GP MAGAZIE QUALITY PDF?
GP MAGAZINE QUALITY is similar to the GP Press Quality, but includes 1/4" bleed and crop marks.
Follow below for additional requirements for saddle-stitch or perfect bound newsprint or coated stock magazines.
Preparing your Magazine with Bleeds for print:
Use above Print specifications with the additional below:
- Bleed for must extend 1/4" outside of the final trim on all sides.
- Crop Marks must be located 1/4 inch outside the trim area on the page. Marks must be consistent from page to page. (Crop Marks are already included in with the GP MAGAZINE QUALITY setting.
- InDesign Creative Suite users may "export" using the GP MAGAZINE QUALITY setting.
- Quark xPress or another other graphics application must create a "postscript" file from your application and then use Acrobat Distiller loaded with the GP MAGAZINE QUALITY setting to create the final PDF.
Back to Specs